English teacher primary education
|Sluitingsdatum||23 10 2020|
SALTO International School is looking for ambitious and passionate teachers who want to help our international students develop to be themselves, be international and be Dutch!
We are looking for an English teacher
Group 5-6, 0.5 FTE
Group 6-7-8, 0.5 FTE
5642 GP Eindhoven
9th of November 2020
Minimum a bachelor degree in primary education which will need to be recognised for teaching in the Netherlands by DUO.
We are looking for teachers with a passion for language education and experienced in primary education. Experience in international education is an advantage, but not a requirement.
About the school
With the growing numbers of internationals coming to Eindhoven every day, and an increased international mindset in the community, SALTO started a new bilingual international school. The new school fits this international mindset and caters for the internationals who want to integrate in the Dutch culture, but also find it important to keep developing internationally. The school is an inspiring balance between traditional international education and Dutch education. In the school we work with the International Primary Curriculum, a theme based curriculum that makes learning fun and engaging and focusses on the broad development of the child.
Preparing children for the future to be themselves, be international and be Dutch.
We aim to do this through accessible, professional, quality and innovative education. We teach and inspire children to develop their talents to the fullest with confidence and hard work; while supporting their learning by boosting their courage and critical attitude. This also applies to our employees. Together we take the extra step needed to learn for life. Do you want to help us in building the future of our children?
Who are we looking for?
A motivated and innovative teacher who is also a positive critical thinker. You are at least fluent in English (C2 level). You are passionate about language learning and are keen on developing policies to enhance learning in a multilingual setting. As a primary school teacher at SALTO International School you can count on a challenging position, where learning and working are joined in one inspiring environment.
What are you going to do?
Our program will have formal language lessons in both languages (Dutch 50% and English 50%). Mathematics and IPC is also taught in Dutch (50%) and English (50%). Physical Education will be taught in Dutch. With our program, you’ll contribute to the integration of our students into Dutch society, while keeping their options open to continue at an international school elsewhere. How wonderful is that?
What do we offer you?
• A challenging job with a lot of variety and learning fun;
• A contract at SALTO for a period of one year; with the possibility of extension after the first year;
• Multiple chances to focus on your own professional development;
• Professional development opportunities within the SALTO Academy;
• Our contracts are conform Dutch labour regulations (= CAO Primary Education), the L10 scale will be applied;
• A vibrant workplace where you will work with both colleagues and students from a variety of backgrounds and experiences in both an international and Dutch environment;
What do we expect from you?
• You have a passion for language education. Experience in international education and working with the IPC is an advantage, but not a requirement;
• You have at least a bachelor degree in primary education which is recognized for teaching in the Netherlands by DUO;
• You are at least fluent in either English (C2 level). For English teachers we expect you to be willing to learn the basics of the Dutch language while you are in the Netherlands.
Enthusiastic about this vacancy?
If so, please submit your letter of motivation and your CV before Friday the 23rd of October.
What to expect from the application procedure?
Job interviews will be planned in the week of 26th of October.